Many times in our feed or news posts we have seen few modern art paintings bought worth millions of dollars and thought how come this ‘elementary‘ art-piece could be of so much price. So lets segregate this query into two parts:
Remember art does not have to be a representation of things. Photos can do that quite well. Hence art is not so limited by things that exist, which may or may not be attractive. And meaning is not the only reason for art. Its a language that acts as a medium between its creator and viewers.
And creating some of those simple looking paintings aren’t as easy as we think. Balance and proportion become very important because simplicity leaves little room for error.
Suppose a simple handkerchief in a shop with price tag USD 2. Now lets suppose hollywood actress Anjelina jolie went by that shop and bought that handkerchief. Undoubtedly the price will shot from 2 to thousands of dollars.
But why? Handkerchief was just a simple piece of clothing. Its because the possession became the deciding factor. Hence in a similar way, paintings can have many reasons to be expensive for e.g;
:: if its painted by a famous Artist (say Picasso)
:: if its from a significant era (say Renaissance)
:: if its a different interpretation of a famous painting (say The Last Supper)
:: if although its simple looking – but offer deep meaning to connoisseurs and many more
So it’s okay if you don’t find some artworks beautiful – as taste is subjective 🙂
(P.S: the featured painting is Ideas and Critics)
Usually headphones are not a matter of high end bucks. Instead we go for some good reviewed, nice looks and fair sound quality headphones.
But these five most expensive headphones on Amazon.in, go a step beyond. Though super-expensive, but they offer a combination of luxury build quality, design and, usually, incredible crystal sound.
In order from most expensive to “least”…
- Sweetly Voiced,Harmonious Sound
- Acoustically Invisible Stealth Magnets
- Nanometer Grade
- Sonic Serenity
- A special ergonomic design offering superb comfort for extended listening.
- Exclusively intended for low-noise environments and serious listening, Utopia is not designed to plug directly into smartphones. Portable use of this reference headphone requires the use of a DAC and headphone amplifier.
- Has No Crossover
- Pure Beryllium M-Shaped Dome Loudspeaker built within Headphones
- 5Hz to 40kHz frequency response.
- A 13.1-foot OFC-shielded low-impedance balanced cable, .25-inch Neutrik connector, two shielded Lemo connectors with a self-locking bayonet system, and a magnet-locking carrying case all come standard
- World’s First Diaphragm in Nanometer Thickness
- “sounded remarkable and may motivate me to do a lot more headphone listening” -Jim Hannon《The Absolute Sound》
- Advanced Asymmetrical Magnetic Circuit offering perfect reproduction of live music
- Ergonomic and comfortable design fit for most people, with greater reliability and durability.
- Patented “Window Shade” System reduces sound reflection to gain wider sound stage
- The Industry’s First Aluminum Diaphragm with Ceramic Coating
- Rigid Diaphragm Edges eliminates Distortion
- Optimum Sound Quality Achieved Using Computer Aided Engineering
- Superior High-Resolution Playback
- Full Basket System Delivers An Energetic, Low-Resonance Sound
- Soft, comfortable ear pads
- Housings made from japanese cherry birch and finished with urushi lacquer
- 25-ohm impedance
- 2-inch dynamic drivers