While crossing the road, I saw the most beautiful girl ever on the other side. My heart started pounding, my stomach started misbehaving etc. So does that mean I am in Love?
I was giving some thoughts to it but all of a sudden a car screeched hard and I went blank.
I woke up (not in the hospital since fortunately I was dreaming). And here I am pondering over the same question, as how to know if you are really in Love.
I mean is there any measures by which you could determine this feeling?. As maybe its infatuation.
There is a fine line.
Though Love has no definition, I have listed out few points which in most of the cases will help you realize. And out of these 8, if you agree with at least 6 statements, you are probably experiencing true love.
1. You know you love someone when you are willing to make sacrifices for them. When you love a child or a friend or a family member, you can envision yourself making sacrifices for them to keep them safe (giving your life for them, as an example). Even the love of hobbies can be expressed as a sacrifice (sacrificing your time in exchange for doing the hobby).
2. See if your loved one makes you want to be a better person.
3. Though being happy with the relationship you have and the person that you are is essential, being with your loved one should make you want to take your life to the next level and to be the best person you can possibly be—eventually.
4. Irrespective of your gender, you feel safe when you’re around her/him. It’s hard to describe this feeling, but it really is the best thing in the world. Like nothing bad can happen.
5. If you’re aware of your loved one’s flaws – but all you can manage to see is perfection. If you insist that your loved one is perfect, then you have a real problem. But if you’re comfortable admitting that your loved one can be a bit selfish or isn’t the world’s greatest listener, then you have a more realistic perspective on the relationship and are much more likely to be in love for real.
6. When your prayers, wishes and dreams are for realization of someone else’s dreams and aspirations.
7. When the person is at his or her lowest, you don’t shun but stay by their side.
8. It makes you more generous and kinder to others not only to your loved ones.
9. You respect that person and respective choices. Even if you are seperate, you will find your happiness if that person is happy, at least eventually.
Love is a gradual process and happens over time. It is unconditional and real.
But sometimes we love people who are totally wrong for us. That doesn’t mean we are to be held entirely responsible. It just means that person wasn’t good enough for our care and affection and we were a little weak in judge of character.
All in all, self love is the best way to attract true love. Love yourself with all your heart, for who you are and for who you are not. If you don’t have love for yourself, you can’t expect to get it from someone else.